Welcome to the nerve-wracking nexus of the macabre and the mysterious! Dive into the darkest depths of the web as we bring you the latest horror news from the crème de la crème of spine-tingling sources. Here, you’ll find a chilling collection of updates, reviews, horror movie news, and spine-chilling revelations from the top horror sites, all curated for the ultimate aficionado of the eerie and the eerie-curious alike. Whether you’re a seasoned ghoul or a fresh-faced fear-seeker, prepare to be spellbound by the sinister stories and nightmarish narratives that await you in the shadowy corners of our digital crypt. Unearth the terror that lurks in the darkness, as we keep you on the bleeding edge of the horror world. Brace yourself; the nightmares are about to begin.
- by Meagan NavarroAfter appearing in Ti West’s slasher movie X last year, Scott Mescudi (aka Kid Cudi) will next be starring in new animated feature Slime, Deadline reports today. Slime is described as “a classic monster movie decked out in fashion-forward video game skins that are wickedly satirical, scary as hell and trippy AF.” The film marks the feature directorial debut […]
- by Meagan NavarroDecember 22 is shaping up to be a massive day for epic-sized genre releases on Netflix. In addition to Part 1 of Zack Snyder’s Rebel Moon, December 22 also marks the release date for Part 1 of K-drama thriller series “Gyeongseong Creature”. The period set series will be split into two parts. Part 1 debuts […]
- by John SquiresDarren Lynn Bousman (Saw II-IV, Spiral) is back with brand new horror movie The Cello, which will release here in North America on December 8. While you wait, Bloody Disgusting has been provided with an exclusive clip today, previewing three full minutes of the film. Jeremy Irons is featured in this extended clip from Bousman’s The Cello, which […]
- ‘Devils’ – Body-Swap Thriller in the Vein of ‘Face/Off’ and ‘Freaky Friday’ Now on SCREAMBOX! [Trailer]by Brad MiskaIt’s Face/Off meets Freaky Friday when a homicide detective swaps bodies with a serial killer in Devils, the critically acclaimed body-swap psychological thriller that’s now on VOD and streaming on SCREAMBOX. The gripping psychological thriller, written and directed by Kim Jae-hoon, blurs revenge and morality where an unwavering detective takes on a serial killer. The film’s suspense and […]
- ‘Sasquatch Sunset’ – Bleecker Street Acquires Mysterious Cryptid Film Starring Jesse Eisenberg as a Sasquatchby Meagan NavarroBleecker Street has acquired U.S. rights to Sasquatch Sunset, the mysterious new feature from renowned filmmakers David and Nathan Zellner (Kumiko, The Treasure Hunter), Deadline reports today. Riley Keough (The Lodge), Jesse Eisenberg (Zombieland: Double Tap, Vivarium), Nathan Zellner (Kumiko, The Treasure Hunter), and Christophe Zajac-Denek (“Twin Peaks: The Return”) star in the film. As for plot, details remain scarce […]
- by Mike WilsonHyperstrange’s Eldritch horror Stealth FPS Blood West has exited Early Access on Steam right on time, with the title now available with a 30% discount until December 19th. Just because the game is out now, doesn’t mean that Hyperstrange isn’t done with Blood West. “Today is the day folks, after months of development we are […]
- by Meagan NavarroDirector/Producer Jenn Wexler’s sophomore feature, The Sacrifice Game, arrives on Shudder on December 8, just in time to spread holiday fear for the season. With co-writer Sean Redlitz, Wexler’s latest infuses Yuletide horror with a maniacal Satanic cult set at a boarding school in the ’70s. Mena Massoud, Olivia Scott Welch, Olympian Gus Kenworthy, Chloë Levine, Madison Baines, Derek Johns, […]
- by Cameron McFarlandGary Dauberman (The Nun) just signed himself up to create a bunch of new horror projects. It looks like Screen Gems and Sony Pictures are coming around to the idea that horror can be a lucrative endeavor. This new deal gives these two divisions a first look agreement for any future projects involving Gary Dauberman. […]
- by Timothy RawlesJust before director Adam Green announced the DVD release of his festival hit Victor Crowley back in 2018, he gave fans a behind-the-scenes tale about another one of his films; Frozen. As we approach the 14th anniversary of that movie, we thought we would rewind a bit and re-share what he said about his experience […]
- by Trey Hilburn IIINicolas Cage’s persona has become its very own brand of entertainment, a cult of personality. The guy can just talk in an interview and it can go viral. His films over the past few years have ranged from lacking to all-out extraordinary. There is no rhyme or reason to the beats between them either. But, […]
- by Cameron McFarlandThe 90s were full of so much teenage angst it worked its way into every piece of media released during that decade. No movie symbolized that sense of angst and sex appeal than Cruel Intentions. The film was a huge hit in its own right. Cruel Intention spawned two sequels and most recently a musical […]
- by Cameron McFarlandTime is a flat circle. Luckily that circle is filled with more seasons of True Detective. And fans won’t have to wait long for the next installment of this iconic series. True Detective: Night Country will be released on Max on January 14th, 2024. True Detective showed audiences what a well done horror/drama series could […]
- by Anthony PernickaIn a remarkable feat for Japanese cinema, “Godzilla Minus One“, directed by Takashi Yamazaki, has shattered box office expectations in the United States with an impressive $11 million domestic debut. This record-breaking opening not only marks the highest for a Japanese live-action movie in U.S. theaters but also signals the enduring appeal of the Godzilla […]
- by Cameron McFarlandIt’s a new week and that means new horror films! This week we are in for a treat; December means Christmas horror movies are upon us. So, grab some eggnog and cookies, let’s get spooky. There’s Something in the Barn-December 5th-VOD I love Christmas horror. It provides such a fun juxtaposition between the goofy holiday […]
Horror News Net
- by Mike JoyTHE DARK ROOM is a horror film from directors Kenny Scott Guffey and Jake C. Young coming out on Blu-ray on December 26, 2023 from Bayview Entertainment. The film stars iconic 80’s actress, Diane Franklin (Better Off Dead, The Last American Virgin, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure) along with Brandon Ludwig (A Night of the […]
- by Mike JoyPORTERVILLE directed by David M. Parks and starring Mike Ferguson (Showdown at the Grand), Christopher Sky (Stay Out), Tammie Sellers (Paradies 2), David Josh Lawrence (Trauma Therapy), comes a modern western now available on Amazon. Written by Christopher Anthony Young In this clip Horror veteran Mike Ferguson (Big John) and David Josh Lawrence (Vince) make […]
- Anthony M. Caro’s short story “Loyal Gorzo” debuts as an audio dramatization on The HORRORific Podcastby Mike JoyAnthony M. Caro’s short story “Loyal Gorzo” presents a transgressive twist on a classic horror character archetype and debuts as an audio dramatization on The HORRORific Podcast. An obedient, brutish assistant serves a depraved 1950s mad scientist conducting horrible experiments in his laboratory. Will the assistant’s unwavering loyalty reach its endpoint during a crisis […]
- by Mike JoyHNN Operations Manager, Michael Joy was announced as VICE PRESIDENT of the upcoming New Jersey horror attraction, FEAR VILLAGE. Michael Joy is also the owner / operator of MARKETING MACABRE which had been providing independent horror films worldwide press coverage since 2017. He has also recently stepped on board as producer on the SHOWTOWN AMERICAN […]
- The New York City Horror Film Festival will be presenting its Lifetime Achievement Award to horror icon Doug (“Pinhead”) Bradleyby Mike JoyThe New York City Horror Film Festival (to be held at Look Dine-In Cinemas, 657 West 57th Street, from December 7-10) will present its prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award to Hellraiser star Doug Bradley. The British actor has been terrorizing moviegoers since 1987 as the iconic Clive Barker creation Pinhead and over the course of seven […]
- by Mike JoyJapanese Monster Movie, BAKEMONO from director Doug Roos makes it’s Theatrical Premiere on December 9th 2023 at Another Hole in the Head Film Festival in San Francisco, California. The film is about a gruesome creature that waits for unsuspecting victims in a cheap Tokyo rental apartment. This is an all practical FX independent feature shot […]
- by Janel SpiegelVampa Museum: Vampire and Paranormal Museum 3686 US-202, DOYLESTOWN, PA 18902 A hidden treasure lurks in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. A museum dedicated to spiritual conflict and psychological drama. An amazing display of artifacts that have been sourced from all over all the world. They date back to the 1700s. Vampa Museum is […]
- The #1 TV Series on Netflix is a Shocking Documentary About This Surgeon: “This is why I don’t trust doctors”by Sharai BohannonThe most-viewed TV show on Netflix is a shocking documentary series about a criminal surgeon, and fans are calling it "absolutely wild."
- by Mary Beth McAndrewsHorror films are meant to entertain, yes, but they’re also meant to convey a message about what terrifies us. Those
- ‘Creepshow’ Season 4 Giveaway: Win A Blu-Ray Of The Latest Season Of Shudder’s Hit Anthology Series!by Mary Beth McAndrewsFor four seasons, the Creepshow series on Shudder, executive produced by Greg Nicotero, has delivered bite-sized horrors by way of
- by Sharai BohannonThis underrated Denzel Washington thriller is now streaming on Netflix and fans are praising its intensity.
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ Director Mike Flanagan Calls This Hidden Streaming Gem “A very clever thriller”by Sharai BohannonThe director of 'The Haunting of Hill House' is praising this underrated chiller and highlights the excellent performances of it's cast.
- by Mary Beth McAndrewsGet ready for more terror, Uglies, because Shudder announced today that they’re renewing the groundbreaking hit reality competition series The
- by Tyler Doupe'John Flynn’s under-seen horror thriller is far better than it gets credit for being.
- by adminHQDespite under performing during its opening weekend, Eli Roth’s slasher movie Thanksgiving is proving to have the legs we all hoped it would. Over the five-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend Roth’s film took in an impressive $10 million. $7.2 million of that was netted from Thanksgiving’s second weekend, meaning the film held up impressively well, avoiding […]
- by adminHQOctober was a very lucrative month for horror to say the least, but perhaps no studio has reaped the rewards more that Blumhouse Productions. Beginning October 6th, Blumhouse’s The Exorcist: Believer topped the box-office and went on to gross $135 million worldwide. This was an overperformance, given the film’s mixed to negative critical reception and […]
- by adminHQIn October of 2022, Friday the 13th fans got the news they’ve been waiting over a decade to hear. After a protracted rights battle, it was finally time to add some new content to the long-running slasher franchise. Crystal Lake was announced as a prequel television series produced jointly by A24 and streaming service Peacock. […]
- by adminHQIt’s been 32 years since Martin Scorsese remade the classic 1962 thriller Cape Fear. With Academy Award nominations and universal praise, the film has gone down in the history books as one of the most successful remakes ever. Now Scorsese has decided it’s time to revisit his vision, with the announcement of a brand-new television […]
- by adminHQBeetlejuice 2 is officially in the can! Production has wrapped following two final weeks of shooting after the project was previously stalled by the SAG-AFTRA strike. Last week, actress Jenna Ortega was spotted back on set in Melrose, Massachusetts, following director Tim Burton’s claims that filming was 95% complete prior to the strike. Following the […]
- by adminHQRecently we reported that Saw X had crossed that all-important $100 million mark at the worldwide box-office. In that same article we speculated that this may just guarantee an eleventh film in the franchise, but also wondered where that could possibly go. Now, it seems we have somewhat of an answer from Saw X actress […]
- by adminHQEli Roth’s much-anticipated holiday slasher Thanksgiving opened November 17th, and much to everyone’s surprise, the movie was a critical darling. Having been in the works for 16 years, the feature is the result of a faux trailer Roth created for the 2007 double feature Grindhouse. The old-school slasher aesthetic was so effective that fans have […]
- by Jonathan JamesJess Franco’s NIGHT OF THE BLOOD MONSTER (aka THE BLOODY JUDGE) is making it's debut on 4K UHD. Arriving on March 26, 2024, a brand-new 4K master of the complete uncensored version will be released on both 4K UHD and Blu-ray, with all new bonus features and extras: HORROR WILL HOLD YOU HELPLESS! Christopher Lee […]
- by Jonathan JamesOut on VOD / digital on Friday, December 8th, we have an exclusive preview of Santa Isn't Real that you can watch right now! "After suffering a brutal attack on Christmas eve, a young woman, Nikki, struggles to convince her friends that the assailant was none other than Ol' Kris Kringle. When Santa returns to […]
- by Jonathan James"The holiday season is full of cherished traditions: gatherings with family and friends, exchanging gifts, and, for discerning readers, the publication of the annual Hellboy Winter Special. This year, ahead of the winter solstice, Dark Horse Comics will publish the Hellboy Winter Special: The Yule Cat one-shot, written and illustrated by Barbarian Lord creator and acclaimed cartoonist Matt Smith, […]
- by Derek AndersonWatching Santastein as part of this year's Popcorn Frights Film Festival felt like unwrapping a Christmas gift extra early this past summer, so I'm especially excited that Manuel Camilion and Benjamin Edelman's new holiday horror film is coming to SCREAMBOX on December 19th as part of their streaming lineup this month! Below, you can check […]
- by Jonathan JamesSANTA ISN'T REAL: "After suffering a brutal attack on Christmas eve, a young woman, Nikki, struggles to convince her friends that the assailant was none other than Ol' Kris Kringle. When Santa returns to terrorize the group in their remote cabin the next Christmas, Nikki and her friends must overcome disbelief as they fight to […]
- by Derek AndersonWith Godzilla Minus One currently rocking cinemas, it's certainly a good time to be a kaiju fan, and there's even more cinematic colossal creatures to look forward to on the horizon, as the official trailer has arrived for Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire ahead of its April 12th nationwide release in theaters and on […]
- by Derek AndersonIt was announced today that one of the most exciting comic book publishers is teaming up with one of the most enthralling production companies, as Oni Press and SpectreVision will be joining creative forces to launch HIGH STRANGENESS, a publishing imprint that will explore the mind-bending depths of paranormal experiences: Press Release: In advance of […]
But beware, dear visitors, for the horrors never sleep, and neither do we. This page is a living, breathing entity, updated daily to ensure you’re never left in the dark for long. So, bookmark this crypt of terror, subscribe to our spine-chilling newsletter, and stay connected with us as we continue to unearth the freshest, most blood-curdling tales from the top horror sites. Your journey into the unknown has just begun, and we’ll be your guides through the twisted realms of fear. Remember, in the world of horror, every day is a new nightmare waiting to be discovered, and we’re here to make sure you’re at the forefront of the fear. Stay horrified, stay curious, and stay tuned.