Would You Escape a Real Life Jason Voorhees?
What If Jason Voorhees Was Chasing You?
Jason Voorhees is one tough killer to survive! He is notorious for his hockey mask and machete and holds the highest horror slasher kill count of all horror movie villains to date! The movies tell us that a real life Jason Voorhees chase would be terrifying and very hard to survive! Do you think you could survive Jason Voorhees? Take the Jason Voorhees Survival Quiz and find out today!
Would You Survive Jason Voorhees In Real Life?
Horror Enthusiast has determined the likelihood of your survival in a real life Jason Voorhees chase based upon your score of Jason Voorhees Survival Points. Jason Voorhees Survival Points can be earned from making favorable escape decisions versus being lost when making a less than favorable decision.
You start out with Zero (0) points.
By tallying up your score at the end of this quiz, you will be able to determine whether you would be able to escape a real life Jason Voorhees, or drown at the bottom of Crystal Lake!
Weapon to Use Against Jason Voorhees
There have been many ways characters have tried to defend themselves against the horror behemoth. Some methods have done more damage than others. Still, characters that do not maintain a vigilant mindset about defending themselves throughout the film, almost always meet their demise rather early after encountering Jason. Some weapon choices will be rewarded with an increased chance of survival, while others receive a penalty. You may only choose one weapon, or none.
- If you would attempt to shoot Jason Voorhees with a shotgun, add 9 points to your score.
- If you would attempt to stab Jason Voorhees with a knife, add 5 points to your score.
- If you would attempt to wrestle Jason’s machete free from him, add 6 points to your score.
- If you would attempt to use the environment as a weapon, dropping a heavy object onto his head, add 15 points to your score.
- If you would attempt to use a baseball bat or other blunt force object against Jason, add 5 points to your score.
- If you choose to avoid an encounter, and never choose a weapon, do not modify your score.
Hiding Place When Running From Jason Voorhees
Jason is a fast-paced killer, and when he’s got you in his sights…it is typically a good idea to keep moving! However, there are still many opportunities to duck out on Jason in order to recover your energy. Most of the time, choosing a quick hiding place to recuperate is an essential part of successfully escaping Jason Voorhees. Where would you hide to catch your breath? You may only choose one hiding place, or none.
- If you would choose to hide in Crystal Lake, add 2 points to your score.
- If you would choose to hide underneath a cabin, add 10 points to your score.
- If you would try to hide behind a tree, add 7 points to your score.
- If you would choose to hide inside a cabin, add 5 points to your score
- If you would choose to hide in a cornfield, add 5 points to your score.
- If you choose never to hide from Jason, at any point, do not modify your score.
Escape Routes to Escape Jason Voorhees
There are not many ways to reliably survive a Jason Voorhees encounter. Still, some survivors will tell you that it more than certainly can be done! If you select one of the correct escape routes, you will see a much better chance of surviving your ‘killer’ encounter! You may only choose one escape option.
- If you would be willing to try and psychologically outwit Jason, convincing him you are his mother in order to escape, add 10 points to your score if you are male OR 15 points to your score if you are female.
- If you would be willing to fight Jason, one one one, in order to escape by attempting to destroy Jason via gunfire, explosives or bombs, add 15 points to your score.
- If you would be willing to fight Jason, one on one, in order to escape by attempting to dismember him, add 18 points to your score.
- If you would be willing to attempt escape by way of canoe, add 10 points to your score.
- If you would choose to run through the woods, add 8 points to your score.
- If you would choose to swim through Crystal Lake to make your escape, add 2 points to your score.
Ways to Die Against Jason Voorhees
If you are looking to survive a real life Jason Voorhees chase, you will want to avoid making one of these frequently-made mistakes. Remember, one small mistake against a brute like Jason, could mean the end of your life!
Lake House Vacationing
So many victims have fallen to Jason Voorhees simply because they choose to take a beautiful summer vacation at the lake house. Jason always hunts his prey best during summertime!
If you would be found enjoying a ‘lake house summer vacation’ with your friends, subtract 20 points from your score.
Jason does not tolerate any type of disrespect. If someone is making fun of him, taunting him or otherwise irritating him, his natural instinct is to kill them as soon as possible. Some victims have mistaken him for harmless, or even tried to talk to him before losing their life. And those who do not move at all typically die fastest.
If you are the type to freeze up, make jokes or otherwise try to befriend your bully, subtract 15 points from your score.
When survivors go swimming, they are notoriously vulnerable in horror films (especially in the slasher genre). Everyone knows that you do not go swimming when Jason’s at the party. Jason may be afraid of water and drowning, but the death rate for survivors who have entered Crystal Lake, is too high to ever suggest going for a swim.
If you would go skinny dipping, bask on a floatable, or otherwise take a plunge in Crystal Lake, subtract 15 points from your score.
A lot of the victims Jason has slain have been partying beforehand. If there is booze around, then it’s a pretty good sign that there is enough irresponsibility present for Jason to wreak extreme horror havoc. Alcohol also naturally reduces one’s ability to defend themselves in a horror slasher.
If you would find yourself drunk at a party, simply subtract 10 points from your score without complaining.
Walking Alone at Night
One of the worst ways to go in a horror movie, is alone. And in the Friday the 13th movies, Jason Voorhees loves to stalk those who walk alone at night. In fact, those who go it alone have an extremely low survival rate. Remember, always use the buddy system!
If you would choose to walk alone at night, even from one cabin to another for a quick moment, subtract 20 points from your score.
It is never good to have intercourse in a horror slasher film. In order to survive as a survivor, one’s hormones must be suppressed throughout the duration of the movie. If you choose to have sex, even if you use a condom, you will still be risking your life at Camp Crystal Lake!
If you would choose to be intimate while at a lake house, subtract 15 points from your score.
Did You Survive Jason Voorhees?
Time to tally up your Jason Voorhees Survival Points to determine whether or not you would survive a real life encounter with Jason.
+20 points…………… HIGH LIKELIHOOD OF SURVIVAL
10 to 19 points………… POSSIBLE CHANCE OF SURVIVAL
0 to 9 points………… SLIM CHANCE OF SURVIVAL
-9 to -1 points……… PROBABLY DEAD ON ARRIVAL
-24 to -10 points……DEFINITE DEATH
Below -20 points…. DIDNT EVEN NOTICE KILLING YOU
Jason is not easy to survive when he gets his mitts on you. If you failed to survive, keep in mind he’s got the highest kill count of all the horror slashers to date, and thus he has a lot of experience hacking and slashing!
Tritone’s love of horror and mystery began at a young age. Growing up in the 80’s he got to see some of the greatest horror movies play out in the best of venues, the drive-in theater. That’s when his obsession with the genre really began—but it wasn’t just the movies, it was the games, the books, the comics, and the lore behind it all that really ignited his obsession. Tritone is a published author and continues to write and write about horror whenever possible.