What If Leatherface Was Chasing You?
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre brings a lot of fears to life: the fear of chainsaws, the fear of cannibals, the fear of being hunted after being stranded, and the fear of ruthless monsters. However, the full terror of the movies has been isolated on-screen…until now! What would you do if you were being chased by Leatherface? Take the quiz below and find out if you would survive!
Would You Survive Leatherface In Real Life?
Horror Enthusiast determines your likelihood of survival in a real life Leatherface chase in terms of Leatherface Survival Points. Leatherface Survival Points are earned by making positive decisions in an attempt to escape Leatherface, while they are subtracted from poor decisions.
If you are a male, you start out with Zero (0) points.
If you are a female, you start out with Five (5) points. Females are more likely to survive an encounter with Leatherface.
By the end of the quiz, you’ll have tallied up your score to determine if you could teach others how to survive a real life leatherface, or if you are just another meat carcass!
Weapon to Use Against Leatherface
It is imperative to defend yourself against a horror movie slasher. Though, some people prefer flight over any other action, and some prefer to hide. There will be a lot of bonuses to be had by fighting back, as Leatherface is just a normal human being under the dead flesh and susceptible to pain like anyone else. Some weapon choices will be better than others. It is not acceptable to combine weapon choices, you may only choose one, or none.
- If you would choose a large object to bash Leatherface over the head, add 1 point to your score.
- If you would choose a bladed weapon (such as a knife or glass shard) to attempt to sever Leatherface’s arm or otherwise repeatedly stab him, add 10 points to your score.
- If you would choose to use the environment as a weapon, such as luring him into a trap of some kind, add 10 points to your score.
- If you would choose to strike Leatherface with a car, add 15 points to your score.
- If you would choose to shoot Leatherface with a gun, add 5 points to your score.
- If you would choose to wrestle Leatherface one on one, add 1 point to your score.
- If you choose to avoid an encounter, do not modify your score.
Hiding Place When Running From Leatherface
Hiding is a really important part of surviving a Leatherface encounter. He is strong, fast and well-armed, thus, wit and a few quick hiding places is essential for moving throughout his environment and finding a proper escape. Unfortunately it doesn’t always work. It is not acceptable to combine hiding places, you may only choose one, or none.
- If you would choose to hide in a closet, add 2 points to your score.
- If you would choose to hide underneath a previously slain victim, add 10 points to your score.
- If you would choose to hide in the woods, add 10 points to your score.
- If you would choose to hide in a disabled car or vehicle, add 2 points to your score.
- If you would choose to hide in a meat packing plant, factory or other butchery, add 5 points to your score.
- If you would never choose to hide, do not modify your score.
Escape Routes to Escape Leatherface
A lot of Leatherface Survivors have fought back before escaping. Many have died trying to escape. And many have gotten super lucky gambling with an escape plan. Depending upon your plan, you may be more or less likely to escape. It is acceptable to combine two (2) options in order to devise your proper escape plan.
- If you would attempt to kill Leatherface with a weapon that you have scavenged from the wilderness, cannibal’s home, or collection of ‘past victim artifacts,’ add 5 point to your score.
- If you would attempt to drive yourself out using one of the Sawyer/Hewitt family vehicles, add 3 points to your score.
- If you would choose to flag down a passerby vehicle on a through road, risking running into a cannibal family member, add 2 points to your score.
- If you would be willing to jump from a two story window without knowing what is below, add 2 points to your score.
- If you would choose to run through the woods, add 10 points to your score.
Ways to Die Against Leatherface
If You want to live when a real life leatherface is chasing you, chainsaw and all, you will want to avoid these common mistakes that have led to the demise of countless others. These stupid mistakes will affect your ability to survive.
Going Back to Help Others
Typically this strategy never works out and at least one person dies when someone doubles back for a friend. Usually, it’s the person that is being saved…however, sometimes no one makes it out.
If you would double back for a friend, subtract 6 points from your score.
Picking Up Hitchhikers
A lot of times, a hitchhiker leads the group to their doom. It’s never a good idea to pick up hitchhikers in a Texas Chainsaw movie, and is always a prelude for disaster.
If you would pick up a hitchhiker, subtract 4 points from your score.
Asking a Local Resident for Help
Many of the local residents in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre films are “in on it” with the Sawyer/Hewitt murderous family. When being chased by Leatherface or his crazy family, it is advised to avoid seeking out local residents for help.
If you would pound on a neighbor’s door for help, subtract 8 points from your score.
Entering Unknown Houses
A lot of the victims from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre have chosen to enter the residence of someone they do not know, willingly, before they are hunted or murdered. Most victims probably would have had a better chance of survival if they had avoided entering strange homes in secluded locations.
If you would enter a stranger’s home to use their telephone when in trouble, subtract 12 points from your score.
Going on Fun Excursions With Your Friends
So many victims fall in numbers. Leatherface and family prefer to hunt groups of people all at once. Most of the victims who have fallen to Leatherface started out as a part of a large group of friends traveling on a fun vacation or trip of some kind.
If you would carpool in a big van to have a great time with your friends for a weekend somewhere awesome, subtract 15 points from your score.
Although we aren’t dealing with a nightmare killer here, any victim who has fallen asleep due to exhaustion, concussion, or loss of blood, almost always dies. It is extremely hard to survive if you are in a state which requires any type of unconscious period in a Leatherface chase.
If you would take a nap or otherwise find yourself unconscious around Leatherface, subtract 15 points from your score.
Did You Survive?
Tallying up your Leatherface Survival Points will indicate your likelihood of surviving a real life encounter with Leatherface.
+10 points…………… HIGH LIKELIHOOD OF SURVIVAL
4 to 9 points………… POSSIBLE CHANCE OF SURVIVAL
0 to 3 points………… SLIM CHANCE OF SURVIVAL
-9 to -1 points……… PROBABLY DEAD ON ARRIVAL
-19 to -10 points……DEFINITE DEATH
Below -20 points…. LEATHERFACE IS PLAYING WITH HIS FOOD
Do not feel bad if you have a low score! It is quite difficult to survive Leatherface in the movies and would be equally as difficult in real life.
Tritone’s love of horror and mystery began at a young age. Growing up in the 80’s he got to see some of the greatest horror movies play out in the best of venues, the drive-in theater. That’s when his obsession with the genre really began—but it wasn’t just the movies, it was the games, the books, the comics, and the lore behind it all that really ignited his obsession. Tritone is a published author and continues to write and write about horror whenever possible.